The IOT Hackathon is designed to motivate students to apply their technical knowledge and skills in solving social challenges in their region.
Cisco is collaborating with Bachkhoa Training Institute (HUST) for organizing the 2017 Vietnam Hackathon: Smart Cities.
The 2017 Vietnam Hackathon top submissions will be selected to participate in the Final Round in January in Hanoi.
Note: We regret to inform that the Organizers and Sponsors do not provide transport and accommodation to successful applicants to Hanoi to participate in the 2017 Vietnam Hackathon Final Round. Food & drinks in the Final Round are provided by Sponsors.
- The Competition is be open to all Vietnamese students and pupils
- All team members to complete the Introduction to IOT course (Free course)
- All team members must be 18 years or older
How it works
- Take the Cisco Introduction to IoT Course (mandatory)
- Form a team of 2 or 3 members, develop an IoT-based solution to the challenge.
- Submit an online application form by 31th December, 2017
- The top submissions will be selected into the Final Round.
- Each team in the Hackathon is required to conduct a 15minutes presentation to a panel of judges in Vietnamese language, based on the computing solution prototyped with the use of technology building blocks for Smart Cities. Non-functional, incomplete or incomprehensible prototypes will be deemed invalid and disqualified.
- Champion team: 30.000.000 VND and Scholarships cost 11.000.000 VND.
- Innovation team: Scholarships cost 11.000.000 VND and certificates
- 15 October 2017: Open for submission.
- 23 November 2017: Smart Cities Seminar at BKHUP Co-Working Space
- 31 December 2017: Submission Deadline
- 5 January 2018: Top submissions will be announced via mail.
- 12 January 2018: "Connecting Things" Workshop at Backkhoa Networking Academy – A17 Ta Quang Buu, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
- 18 & 19 January 2018: Hackathon Competition Days at Cisco Hanoi Office and Bachkhoa Networking Academy.
Hardware on loan to each team
- Arduino Starter KIT
- Jumper wires
- Light sensor, Thermal sensor, Ultrasonic Sensor, Infrared Motion Sensor,CO sensor, CO2 sensor, voice sensor,…
- Small speakers
- DC motor
- Servo motor
- Wifi module esp8266
Introduction to IoT course
Cisco Introduction to IoT, an 20 hour online and self-paced course. This course equip participants with the necessary know how in IoT, and software based lab practical and simulation using Packet Tracer v7. Enrol CISCO INTRODUCTION TO IOT Existing Cisco NetAcademy Students, please contact your respective Instructor.
If you are NOT a Cisco Networking Academy student, still you can register to this competition by enroll free course CISCO INTRODUCTION TO IOT